MICHAEL MIDGETTE, PGA
- Name: Michael Midgette DOB: 10-18-1987
- Hometown: Plainview, NY
- Height: 6’0” Weight: 195
- Home Course: Bethpage State Park
- College: Coastal Carolina University ‘11
- Low Tournament Score: 65 (pro, 4x)
- Scoring Average: 70.19 (4/12/2016 – present)
- Swing Coach: Alasdair Dyer, Barefoot Resor
MICHAEL MIDGETTE, PGA
CERTIFIED IN TEACHING & COACHINGMy name is Michael Midgette. I grew up on Long Island in New York, but wasn’t always a golfer. I started playing hockey around 4 years old and always wanted to be in the NHL. Around the age of 15-16, I started having trouble keeping up with my peers on the ice because of my lack in size, and after being projected to only reach 5’8”, I had to make a decision.
I attended the US Open at Bethpage Black in 2002 with my father. We went to the driving range shortly after attending, and I picked golf up rather quickly. The very next year, I was sent to a boarding school for golf called the International Junior Golf Academy in Hilton Head Island, SC. This is where I finished my high school career and went on to attend Coastal Carolina University where I studied Business and Professional Golf Management. I turned professional in 2011 (my grad year) and have been in love with golf as far back as I can remember.
I held a few jobs in the industry before dedicating my time outside of tournament paly and practice to teaching. I developed a passion for teaching at a little driving range called Skydrive (which is no longer standing unfortunately). I was given the opportunity to teach there and developed some long lasting relationships with some of my students that would not have been possible without that opportunity.
I am now an assistant golf professional at Hempstead Golf & Country Club, an instructor at Eisenhower Park Driving Range, and play in over 30-40 tournaments a year. I am chasing a BIG goal of one day playing on the PGA Tour, so I surround myself with golf. I own a training aid distribution company I called “Certified Golf,” I develop content for social media, I work at a golf course, teach the game to over 200 students, and workout every day to better my game.
Finally, none of this would be possible without the everyday love and support I have received from my parents, Robert and Donna. And I wouldn’t be half the golfer I am today without my coach and friend Alasdair Dyer of Dyer Golf Academy in Myrtle Beach, SC.
- 1st Team All-American with Nassau Community College Men’s Golf Team (4th individually at NJCAA National’s in 2008)
- 1st Place individually at PGA Jones Cup in 2009 (69-71).
- Won 3 times on the Minor League Golf Tour in 2013, finishing 13th on the year’s end money list.
- Finished 3rd at the PGA Tournament series event in Dec ’16 on the Ryder Course (69-65).
- Came in 2nd at Sapelo Hammock in Jan ‘17 on SwingThought.com Tour (67-74-68).
- Started my own instruction business at SkyDrive in April ’14, built a steady clientele, and have given over 1200 lessons dating to April ’17.
- Have over 200 golfers (from NY) subscribed to my e-mail list.
- Write weekly tips for LongIslandGolfNews.com.
- Became Director of Golf Instruction at Golf Instruction at Golf & Body in Huntington (Now known as ProActive Therapy).
- Became Certified in Teaching & Coaching by the PGA (May ’17).
Professional Event Victories
- 1/9/13 Abacoa Golf Club | 65 (2 eagles, birdied last 3)
- 1/17/13 Atlantis Country Club | 67 (bogey-free)
- 5/6/13 Jacaranda Golf Club | 69 (playoff)
- 11/6/2017 PGA National Estates Course | 67
- 6.7 – 6.9.16 Long Island Open 70-73-82 | T27
- 8.8.16 Jacaranda East Classic 69 | 3rd
- 8.10.16 NPB Summer Classic 70 | T5
- 12.17 – 12.19.16 PGA Tournament Series 69-65 | 3rd
- 1.21 – 1.23.16 SwingThought.Com 67-74-68 | 2nd
- 11.1.17 Jacaranda Classic 69 | T4
- 11.6.17 PGA Nat’l Estates 67 | 1st